There are times when whining, howling and barking are normal for your dog. However, if you have a dog that constantly whines, howls or barks, it can become a problem.
Not only can it become a problem for you, it can also become a problem for your neighbors if you live in an apartment or a subdivision. You would get constant complaints from them if the problem is not resolved.
Here are some ways that you can deal with a dog that is constantly creating havoc:
- Find out why the dog is whining, howling or barking so much. They may be hungry, thirsty or both. Make sure that the dog is always fed and always has water. Don’t forget about supplying the dog with toys so that they can stay busy.
- Some dogs do not like being by themselves. They get upset when no one is around and it creates anxiety for them. In addition to being lonely, they get stressed out and starting making all kinds of annoying noises.
- Even if you are at home with the dog, they need to learn how to be alone. Don’t make it a habit of always catering to them when they whine. If you do, they will expect you to come every time. You’ll have a difficult time breaking the habit.
- Sometimes a dog will make noises because they need to use the bathroom. The three times that you need to know to take them is after they eat, after an activity and after a nap or when they are waking up in the morning. There will be other times, but once the dog gets trained, you will be able to figure it all out.
- After you have provided food, water and toys for the dog, they should be quiet.
However, if they are not, don’t be afraid to let them know that their behavior is not